Friday, June 5, 2009

Table One: Avenir de la Ville

Last night we had dinner at Table One in OKC with some of our friends with whom we've re-connected and made some new ones. Now, I don't want to overstate it, but it very well might have been the best. meal. ever.
In a modest building with a single table, talented chefs prepare, describe and educate their diners in an intimate setting. It was an amazing experience and something that everyone should treat themselves to at least once (I'm already ready for the next experience, hint hint, Mr. Wiser). You can see video of the concept in an interview with the chefs here.

So here's the rundown of our meal...
(sorry the pictures are dark, I didn't use my flash because I didn't want to spoil the ambiance.)

The Amuse-Bouche: 
Caviar paired with egg flan and chive 
1st course: Salad
Asparagus with beets, grapefruit, and almond portobello 
with (I think) a grapefruit reduction 
2nd Course: Soup
Carrot soup with a chorizo fritter, 
sunburst tomato and manchego
Thoughtful Chef Ryan made sure that 
I had my own, pescetarian-friendly version 
with shrimp in place of chorizo
The Intermezzo!
Cucumber Juice with white chocolate and vanilla vodka
3rd Course: 
Hawaiian Marlin with Spaghetti Squash 
and a Peach Chili Buerre Blanc
4th Course:
Buffalo Tenderloin with Foie Gras Potato Puree, 
Brussels Sprouts and blackberry sauce
Again, I had salmon in place of the buffalo (I think I might have been missing out on this course after hearing the other diner's reactions) but the salmon was still delicious. 
Ok, I did try the potato puree and it was heavenly.

5th Course: Dessert
Modern Rendition of Candy Bars
Watchamacalit, Cherry Mash and Reeses
(dessert detail)
And look at the plates! Love it!!

Finally, a surprise addition was the Chef's version of Milk and Cookies:
Lemon Madelines and Butterscotch Milk. 
And after we finished we finished our cookies, we added the flavored milk to our coffee.

Here's the man himself, Chef Ryan
Ryan is also one of the partners in the new 
Iguana Mexican Grill downtown
so you should be sure to try it out also.

I don't think I can over-sell this experience. It was A. MA. ZING. (I do need a new adjective...) 

So who's ready to try it with us?!?

No comments: