Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bubble Brain: Houston Tour 2009

houstonladies

God is good. All the time.

This past Sunday morning I flew to Houston with my mom to be with my grandmother and uncle for his surgery Monday; he had been having horrible headaches and his doctors discovered an aneurysm that was leaking behind his eye. (You can read about the procedure to correct this problem here.) His surgery went smoothly and lasted a little more than two hours. He spent the night in icu so that they could keep a close eye on him but the next morning a ct scan and an angiogram confirmed that the aneurysm was totally gone. After spending the next night in a private room, he was able to check himself out and head home to continue recovery there. Less than 48 hours after having his head opened up, he was home. Isn't that wild? God had His hand all over Uncle's noggin.

I did try to steal his thunder in the radiology unit while waiting for the followup angiogram by having my own little fainting spell. I guess if you're going to faint, make sure you're surrounded by surgeons and radiologists. I was fine, just a little overcome by stress, worry, exhaustion, heat, hunger...pick anyone of those. Apparently my mother and grandmother have also had fainting spells at hospitals, so I'm pretty certain I come by it honestly.

I returned home Tuesday evening and was back at work Wednesday morning - mom is staying through Saturday to play nursemaid to Uncle as he continues recovering at home. Please keep him in your prayers...he's showing little to no side effects so far and making incredible progress and improvements every day. PTL!

I received Uncle's blessing to include a picture of his battle wound, so here you go:

unclenoggin

No comments: