Well, brown really, but that's not how the song goes.
So the attempt at texturing, accenting, whatever was a minor tragedy. Pretty awful. I didn't get very far at all before I could tell by Wiser's face that it wasn't working. I tried several techniques and they all just weren't right. I called my mom for an emergency consult and she agreed that the texturing cheapened the look. So we took a timeout (at Pink Swirls - fixes everything!) and we went back to solid brown.
I added a few pics of the catastrophe to our flickr photostream HERE.
I guess the next move is finishing it off with a sealer and then I'll be on the hunt for the perfect rug. I'll let you know how that goes...